159) Proof of Crime Patrol true stories ::: Bizarre & unbelievable, unimaginable techie Crimes from all over India

Techie on bail, his aide arrested for cheating medical-seat aspirants

Bengaluru: Two persons, including a software engineer, have been arrested for allegedly cheating students by promising them seats in popular medical colleges in the state. Mico Layout police have seized over Rs 1 crore, including Rs 62 lakh worth bank deposits, from the duo.

The arrested are techie Rajath Shetty, a resident of Electronics City and native of Kundapur, and his associate Jayaprakash Singh, a resident of Kodigehalli and native of Dhanbad in Jharkhand.

The duo had made an advance payment of Rs 20 lakh towards purchase of a flat and also invested Rs 12.5 lakh in shares. Police have also seized a Maruti Baleno, a Royal Enfield, five laptops, gold jewellery worth Rs 3 lakh and several incriminating documents from them.

Police said Shetty is the key accused in the case. He started his criminal activities in Bengaluru after he was released on bail in Udupi in connection eight similar cases in 2013. “Eight cheating cases were filed by different victims, who had paid Shetty money after they were assured seats in prestigious medical colleges. Shetty was arrested along with his associate Nitin in 2013. Out on bail, he shifted base to Bengaluru,” a police officer said.

M B Boralingaiah, deputy commissioner of police (Southeast division) said Shetty has an engineering degree from Manipal and worked as a software engineer in a few IT firms. Jayprakash is a BBM graduate and involved in two cases reported from Sanjayanagar and Kodigehalli police stations. He partnered with Shetty in 2017.

Later, the duo took help from two more persons, who are still at large. The four would set up swanky offices to attract medical-seat aspirants and their parents.

The gang would procure the list of aspirants from insiders in agencies conducting entrance exams and later send bulk SMSs to them promising seats.

When contacted by seat aspirants, they’d provide bank account details, instructing them to deposit money. Once they got the cash, they’d go off the radar. The gang ran the racket in the name of JP Consultancy, AJA Infrastructure, Frontier, Narayana Consultancy and IRS Consultancy.

Rajath Shetty, Jayaprakash Singh

Angry dad sets himself ablaze at institute, dies

Techie was upset that his son didn’t get admission to a top school as promised, despite paying Rs 2.5 lakh as advance to tout

A 38-year-old software engineer, working for a reputed software firm in the city, accidently set himself ablaze during a heated argument with the owner of a company that runs tutorials. Ritesh Kumar, the techie, died of burns the next day.

Kumar, a resident of LB Shastry Nagar in HAL, had reportedly sought Aditya Bajaj’s help to get admission for his seven-year-old son at one of the top schools in the city. The two were well-acquainted as Kumar’s sister had once been a student at Aditya Tutorials.

Bajaj had asked Rs 6 lakh for the deal, and had taken an advance of Rs 2.5 lakh. However, the admission had not worked out and Kumar was upset over this. He had apparently not applied for admission anywhere else either assuming that Bajaj will make good his promise.

In August, this year, Bajaj had reportedly returned Rs 1.25 lakh and sought time to return the remaining money.

“Kumar and Bajaj had multiple conversations over the issue. Bajaj kept delaying, claiming he would get a seat for the next academic year. But Kumar didn’t want to trust Bajaj a second time, and wanted his money back,” said a police officer who is part of the investigation.

As Bajaj was avoiding his calls, Kumar showed up at the institute’s office in JP Nagar 2 Phase last Wednesday. He went into Bajaj’s cabin carrying a bottle of petrol, threatening to set himself ablaze if Bajaj didn’t return the money.

As the argument heated up and Bajaj asked for 10 days’ time, Kumar poured petrol over himself and handed Bajaj a matchbox demanding that he light him up. When Bajaj threw the matches away, Kumar picked it up and lit one to threaten him. But as his hands and clothes were soaked, he was ablaze within seconds, explained the officer.

Bajaj tried to help him and ended up with 18 per cent burns. He is out of danger now. Kumar, who suffered 65 per cent burns, died the next day.

According to the police, the blaze ago gutted the entire cabin, including furniture and electronics.

After he was discharged, the JP Nagar police filed a case against Bajaj, booking him under Section 306 (abetment of suicide) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code.

“As it was a medico-legal case, the hospital informed us about the incident. Both their phones have been recovered. Kumar’s wife Parul, a homemaker, said the deal was fixed for Rs 6 lakh. The couple also has a threeyear-old child. The family hails from Patna,” the officer said. Meanwhile, the institute has been closed, and investigations are on.

Aditya Ba ja j

Ritesh Kumar

Cheated of ₹1.25L in school seat deal, techie immolates himself

Bengaluru: A software engineer, cheated of Rs 1.25 lakh allegedly by a private tutorial owner, died after setting himself afire in JP Nagar in south Bengaluru.

Tutorial owner Aditya Bajaj is believed to have promised Ritesh Kumar, 35, a seat for his sevenyear-old son in a prestigious school in the city, but had failed to deliver.

In a desperate attempt to recover his money, police said, Kumar, a resident of LBS Nagar near HAL and a software engineer with a private firm in Marathahalli, may have only wanted to threaten Bajaj by dousing himself in petrol, but events spun out of control.

The incident took place on Thursday, and Kumar succumbed to burns at Victoria Hospital the next day.

Case of abetment to suicide filed against tutorial owner

Bajaj, 35, who suffered burns trying to save the engineer, is recovering in the same hospital. “We’ve registered a case of abetment to suicide and cheating against Bajaj,” deputy commissioner of police (south) SD Sharanappa told TOI. “I’ve asked JP Nagar police to find out if Aditya has cheated other parents too.”

Kumar is survived by wife Parul Mahensaria, their seven-year-old son and threeyear-old daughter. The son is in Class I at a school near the family’s residence. Police said the boy’s parents were keen on admitting him into a prestigious school.

Earlier this year, they contacted Bajaj, who runs Aditya Tutorials in JP Nagar. He promised them a seat. Kumar paid Bajaj Rs 2.5 lakh, but he reneged on his promise.

Police said Kumar began pressuring Bajaj to return his money. Bajaj returned Rs 1.25 lakh and sought time to return the rest. But Parul said in her complaint: “Aditya Bajaj told us he won’t return our money even if we died before him. My husband called me at 8.10pm on November 30 and said he is going to meet Aditya. I was informed about his suicide attempt at 11pm. He died the next day.” Police said Kumar was earning Rs 15 lakh per annum. “We are investigating whether he was trying to only threaten Aditya,” police said

Telangana techie kills self, father alleges harassment by cop

Vehicular traffic on NH 63 came to a standstill as the agitators refused to withdraw their protest until the SI was removed from service.

By Author  |   Published: 5th Nov 2017  2:15 pm Updated: 5th Nov 2017  2:16 pm

copyright Telanganatoday.com

Jagityal: Software engineer Dashrath Reddy (25) committed suicide in Arepeta village of Metpalli mandal late on Saturday night, allegedly because of harassment by a police officer.

Dashrath Reddy, who was working in B​engaluru​, took ​the​ extreme step while his family members were asleep.

Enraged over the incident, relatives and villagers staged a ‘rasta roko’ on National Highway 63 between Metpalli and Koturla on Sunday morning, demanding that higher officials take action against Sub-Inspector Ashok.

Vehicular traffic on NH 63 came to a standstill as the agitators refused to withdraw their protest until the SI was removed from service.

Police rushed to the spot and promised swift action, and eventually managed to convince them to withdraw their agitation.

According to relatives of the victim, Dashrath Reddy’s family has ​a ​land dispute with their neighbours.

Based on the complaint lodged by their neighbours, Dashrath Reddy and his father Raji Reddy were summoned to a police station by the SI.

Raji Reddy, the victim’s father, said the SI used to ask them to come to the police station but would himself not be available there.

They were forced by the SI to make several rounds of the police station unnecessarily. Upset over the SI’s behaviour, his son took the extreme step​, Raji Reddy said.

Oct 28 2017 : copyright The Times of India (Bangalore)
This is not a Techie related crime. It is a startup related crime.

Startup co-founder held for cheating husband & 7 others

TIMES NEWS NETWORK A 30-year-old startup entrepreneur was arrested here on Friday for allegedly cheating at least eight persons and business firms of over Rs 64 lakh.

Oindrila Dasgupta of Delhi, co-founder of Eat.Shop.Love (ESL) and a resident of CV Raman Nagar, east Bengaluru for some years before she moved to New Delhi recently , allegedly used her husband’s bank account in one case.

The fraud came to light when police were investigating a complaint filed against Oindrila by her husband Shayak Sen, a private company employee and resident of Sarjapur, southeast Bengaluru.

ESL, launched in July 2014, was an online fashion store and had raised Rs 22 crore in March this year from a UK-based investor. It was later purchased by a Tata Group online venture. Oindrila who hails from Jamshedpur, did a media studies course in Bengaluru and a course in social media marketing at Indian Institute of Management, Bengaluru. She is a mother of two kids.

Police said Oindrila duped at least seven persons in the past seven months. “We’re verifying if more people were cheated,“ a police officer said.

N Satheesh Kumar, joint commissioner of police (crime), said cybercrime police of the Central Crime Branch summoned Oindrila for questioning on Thursday in connection with a case filed by Shayak Sen who alleged that she had misused his bank account details to collect lakhs of rupees from several people. Oindrila Dasgupta, 30, co-founder of startup Eat.Shop.Love (ESL), was arrested on Friday for allegedly cheating at least eight persons and firms of over Rs 64 lakh.The fraud came to light when police were probing a complaint filed by her husband Shayak Sen.

Shayak alleged she got them to deposit money into his account and later transferred it to her account without informing him. Probe revealed Oindrila had cheated at least seven people, some of whom had filed police complaints in March. Some had accused Shayak of colluding with his wife, but police said their probe revealed he had no role.

“The initial probe confirmed she had committed the offence and hence we arrested her and produced her before the court on Friday . The court remanded her in judicial custody ,“ Satheesh Kumar said.

Police didn’t arrest Oindrila earlier in the belief that the allegations could be business misunderstandings and could be resolved soon. After questioning her, police summoned victims of her fraud and recorded statements.

Ashok Kinha, Whitefield resident and owner of a business firm, said Oindrila approached him, posing as the owner of a startup this March.She claimed she had sold her firm for Rs 36 crore and planned to invest Rs 20 crore in Kinha’s business venture. Kinha readily agreed to take Oindrila as a business partner and she issued him a post-dated cheque for Rs 4.3 crore as initial investment.

Oindrila also sought Rs 58 lakh from Kinha for emergency medical expenses for her husband, who she said was suffering from cancer.

Kantharaju, a 52-year-old employee of a travel agency in Ulsoor, Bengaluru, filed a cheating complaint against Oindrila in July this year, stating that she had duped his firm by purchasing domestic flight tickets worth Rs 1.45 lakh and not paid for them. He said Oindrila bought eight flight tickets to Delhi on the next available flight as a relative there had passed away . Kanthraju gave the tickets to Oindrila, who said she would pay the amount online. She allegedly showed Kantharaju fake online transaction details of the money transfer and left the city .

In another case, Oindrila allegedly borrowed Rs 64,000 from Tia Raina, a friend and employee with a private firm, citing an emergency on April 17 and refused to repay the money . She allegedy borrowed Rs 2.5 lakh from Bharati T S, a Bharatinagar resident, saying her daughter wasn’t well and did not repay this too.

Police said Oindrila also cheated a star hotel in Faridabad by not paying up after staying there for a week in July .

Sangeetha Cherian, a Koramangala resident and travel agency entrepreneur, told police that Oindrila had bought air tickets worth Rs 1.63 lakh from her in July , but not paid her. Film actor Amit Bhargav, a resident of Jayanagar, alleged that Oindrila had got his wife, Sriranjini, to clear her hotel bills in September.

Oct 28 2017 : copyright The Times of India (Bangalore)
Techie held for uploading wife’s profile on dating site
TIMES NEWS NETWORK A senior software engineer with a private firm was arrested on Thursday for allegedly uploading his estranged wife’s profile and mobile phone number on matrimonial and online dating websites.

Cybercrime police attached to the Central Crime Branch arrested Harsha vardhan Bhat, 31, a senior soft ware engi neer wor king with a reputed firm and a resident of Electronics City, on the basis of a complaint filed by his wife.

Bhat, from Harishi village of Soraba taluk in Shivamogga district, uploaded the profile of his estranged wife on matrimonial and dating sites to intentionally hurt and humiliate her, police said. Bhat had married the woman, a software engineer, six years ago.

Cybercrime police had registered a case against him on Sep tember 11. He was picked up on Thursday, and his mobile phone and laptop were seized. The phone and laptop provided evidence that he had indeed uploaded her profile and mobile number on dating sites as well as Kannada Matrimony website.

“There was a dispute be tween the couple and a case was also on in court. We suspect he did this to harass his wife and prove that she had a tainted character. He was produced before court on Friday which remanded him in judicial custody,“ a police officer said.

Man held for posting estranged wife’s profile

copyright Deccan Herald DH News Service, Bengaluru, Oct 28 2017, 1:15 IST

The Cybercrime police have arrested a 31-year-old software engineer who uploaded his estranged wife’s pictures and profile on matrimonial and dating websites in order to take revenge on her.

The police have arrested Harshavardhan Bhat, a senior software engineer working with a reputed IT firm in Electronics City.

According to the police, Bhat and his wife had approached a family court for divorce and the case is pending.

Meanwhile, Bhat wanted to take revenge and uploaded his wife’s profile on various websites, after which she started getting calls from several men. The Cybercrime police have seized Bhat’s laptop and mobile phone and he has been booked under various sections of the IT Act





Bengaluru techie met her ‘killer’ on Facebook, 19 days …

timesofindia.indiatimes.com › City › Bangalore

Jan 21, 2016 – Techie found murdered in her Bengaluru flat … down to Bengaluru on Tuesday morning, killed Kusum, and took a late night flight back to Delhi.

Jan 21, 2016 – The accused, a Delhi-based techie known to Kusuma through Facebook, came to her apartment and murdered her to rob her of credit/debit …
Find Techie Murder Latest News, Videos & Pictures on Techie Murder and see latest … techie working with Tata Consultancy Services was shot dead in Delhi …
Nov 14, 2012 – A New Delhi-based techie brutally stabbed his wife, also an IT professional, 11 times in front of her three-year-old daughter and parents in …
Apr 15, 2015 – techie dead, murder, noida police, TCS engineer, crime, delhi news,. The Toyota Fortuner in which TCS engineer Ankit Chauhan (right) was …
Dec 16, 2015 – In 2011, Anushree had set ablaze her ex-boyfriend Nimesh and his fiancee Juhi; Nimesh survived, but Juhi, a Delhi-based lawyer, succumbed …
Jan 21, 2016 – A special team of Bangalore police nabbed the killer of IBM techie … He had also asked her to buy a flight ticket to Delhi but she refused. Finally …
Jan 21, 2016 – A 31-year-old woman techie was found murdered in her apartment here, … “On January 19, Singh flew into Bengaluru from Delhi and went to …
Nov 15, 2012 – A New Delhi-based techie brutally stabbed his wife, also an IT professional, 11 times in front of her three-year-old daughter and parents in …

Jan 21, 2016 – Bengaluru: IBM techie met murderer on Facebook 2 months ago … He later asked her to at least buy him air-tickets back to Delhi and give Rs.

Mumbai Techie Murder: Latest News, Photos, Videos on …

Find Mumbai Techie Murder Latest News, Videos & Pictures on Mumbai Techie Murder and see latest updates, news, information from NDTV.COM. Explore …
Oct 30, 2015 – Death Sentence For Man Convicted For Rape, Murder of TCS Techie Esther Anuhya. Mumbai | Written by Saurabh Gupta | Updated: October …
Mar 3, 2014 – Nearly two months after Hyderabad techie Esther Anuhya went missing and was found murdered in Mumbai, city police on Monday claimed to have cracked the case with the arrest of a proclaimed offender, who allegedly made a failed attempt to rape the victim but later burnt her body …
Oct 30, 2015 – A Mumbai court on Friday awarded death sentence to Chandrabhan Sanap, who was convicted of rape and murder of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) techie in the city last year. … Software engineer Esther Anuhya, who was employed with TCS in Mumbai, was raped and murdered, by Sanap in …

Mumbai Techie Murder | The Indian Express

Murdered Hyderabad techie’s father recalls police apathy. Written by Gautam Sandip Mengle | Mumbai | Updated: January 24, 2014 at 4:56 am. Police also …
Latest news and updates on Mumbai techie murder with stories, news, reviews, photos, videos on Mumbai techie murder published on Firstpost.com.
Oct 30, 2015 – Mumbai Police’s crime branch had arrested Sanap in early March last year about two months after the murder of the young techie, who was a …

Court pronounces death penalty for Mumbai techie Esther …

timesofindia.indiatimes.com › City

Oct 30, 2015 – Esther Anuhya murder case: Mumbai police question her parents … Anuhya was working as a techie in the city and lived at the YWCA hostel.

Get all the latest news and updates on Mumbai Techie Murder only on IBNLive.com. Read all news including political news, current affairs and news headlines …

Oct 30, 2015 – Mumbai: A special women’s court on Friday pronounced death sentence to Chandrabhan Sanap, prime accused in the rape and murder of a …

Bangalore Techie Murder: Latest News, Photos, Videos on …

Find Bangalore Techie Murder Latest News, Videos & Pictures on Bangalore Techie Murder and see latest updates, news, information from NDTV.COM. Explore …
Jan 21, 2016 – Techie murdered in apartment in BengaluruJanuary 21, 2016. More In: Bengaluru … Search from 2,435 properties in Bangalore. Goyal & Co …
Jan 21, 2016 – Bengaluru techie murder: accused arrestedJanuary 21, 2016. More In: Bengaluru … Search from 2,435 properties in Bangalore. Goyal & Co …

Bengaluru techie met her ‘killer’ on Facebook, 19 days …

timesofindia.indiatimes.com › City › Bangalore

Jan 21, 2016 – Techie found murdered in her Bengaluru flat Techie found ….. They were lovers probably before she worked in Bangalore. He also knew that …

Cell phone trail in Bangalore techie murder probe leads to …

indianexpress.com › cities › bangalore
Jun 13, 2015 – According to the police, the parents of the software engineer informed them that there was a deep marital discord between Keshav Reddy and …

Bengaluru techie murder: Accused Sukhbir Singh hid … – DNA

Jan 23, 2016 – Bengaluru techie murder: Accused Sukhbir Singh hid marital status from victim … 50-ft tall statue of Christ installed at park in Bangalore …
Jan 21, 2016 – A special team of Bangalore police nabbed the killer of IBM techie Kusum Rani, who was found murdered in her flat on Tuesday night, in the …
Bangalore Mirror Bureau | Jun 13, 2015, 04.00 AM IST … Initially, the accused wife of the murdered techie told police that her husband was a sadist and had …
Sep 7, 2015 – In Delhi, however, Gokul met Anuradha – at the time a techie – through a …. thousands of dollars (loss in several crores),” Agarwal told Bangalore Mirror. … Related Story: IBM techie’s bomb hoax texts lead cops to a murder plot …

… find out her precise location using the mobile tower location data helped investigators arrest her for his murder. … After woman kills techie husband, her parents help get rid of his body. Bangalore Mirror Bureau | Jun 11, 2015, 04.00 AM IST ..

Chennai techie rape, murder case: Three convicts …

timesofindia.indiatimes.com › City
Nov 28, 2014 – CHENNAI: The mahila court in Chengalpet on Friday sentenced all the three accused in the kidnap, rape and murder of a TCS employee to life …
Feb 25, 2014 – CHENNAI: The Crime Branch-Criminal Investigation Department on Tuesday claimed to have solved the murder of a software engineer in …
Feb 26, 2014 – Chennai, Feb 26: Days after her death, Crime Branch-CID (CB-CID) Tamil Nadu Police on Tuesday, Feb 25 arrested two persons in connection …
Nov 29, 2014 – Three persons, who murdered software engineer B. Uma … number, and arrested Ram Mandal and Utam Mandal in Chennai,” said the officer.
Feb 26, 2014 – Two migrant labourers were arrested in Chennai today in connection with the murder of a 24-year-old woman techie on the outskirts of the city.
Oct 30, 2015 – Death Sentence For Man Convicted For Rape, Murder of TCS Techie Esther Anuhya. Click to Play. Esther Anuhya was raped and murdered in …
Find Techie Murder Latest News, Videos & Pictures on Techie Murder and see latest updates, news, information from NDTV.COM. Explore more on Techie …
Feb 26, 2014 – Red Shirt Helps Solve Techie’s Murder. By Express News Service – CHENNAI … Also read: Techie Murder Case Cracked, 2 Arrested …
Feb 25, 2014 – Chennai: Two persons were arrested today in connection with the brutal murder of a 24-year-old IT woman employee here. The arrested …

TCS employee’s murder causes panic among Chennai …

indiatoday.intoday.in › India › South

Feb 24, 2014 – TCS employee’s murder causes panic among Chennai women IT … Some women techies say, “We are staying nearby the company in a …


Kerala Attingal double murder: Death for Nino Mathew, life for Anushanthi

Daily News & Analysis – ‎1 hour ago‎
The two were accused of killing Anushanthi’s four-year-old daughter and her mother-in-law. The Thiruvananthapuram Sessions Court has sentenced Nino Mathew, the first accused in the Attingal double murder case, to death. Calling it the ‘rarest of the

Techie gets death for murder of lover’s child, mother-in-law

The Hindu – ‎1 hour ago‎
The Thiruvananthapuram Principal Sessions Court has awarded capital punishment to Nino Mathew, a techie who was the convicted in the twin murder of his paramour’s mother-in-law and infant child on April 16, 2014. The Principal Sessions Judge V. Shircy …

Attingal twin murder: Death sentence for Mathew, double life term for Anushanthi

India Today – ‎1 hour ago‎
The twin murder happened in April 2014 in Kerala’s Attingal when Anushanthi’s husband Lijeesh objected to her extra marital affair with Nino Mathew. IndiaToday.in | Edited by Arunava Chatterjee. desk-itgd@intoday.com. Thiruvananthapuram/New Delhi …

#Attingal twin murder: death for Nino Mathew, double life term for Anushanthi

onmanorama – ‎1 hour ago‎
Thiruvananthapuram: Terming it as ‘rarest of the rare’ case, the Thiruvananthapuram Principal Sessions court sentenced Nino Mathew, the first accused in the infamous Attingal double-muder, to death penalty on Monday. His partner-in-crime Anushanthi was …

Attingal double murder case: Nino Mathew sentenced to death, Anu Santhi gets life imprisonment

Zee News – ‎1 hour ago‎
Thiruvananthapuram: A sessions court here on Monday sentenced Nino Mathew to death and his illicit lover Anu Santhi to life imprisonment in the Attingal double murder case. Mathew was given capital punishment for killing Santhi’s daughter and …

Attingal Double Murder Case: Prime Accused Receives Death Sentence

The New Indian Express – ‎59 minutes ago‎
First accused in the Attingal double murder case, Nino Mathew, getting down from a police vehicle to appear before Principal Sessions Court in Thiruvananthapuram on Friday. (Right) Second accused in the case, Anushanti, returning after appearing before …

Attingal Double Murder Case: Death Penalty For Lino Mathew, Life Imprisonment For Anu Shanthi

News World India – ‎1 hour ago‎
Attingal Double Murder Case. In the Attingal murder case, Kerala court on Monday has pronounced death penalty for first accused Lino Mathew and life imprisonment for second accused and his lover Anu Shanthi. In the Attingal murder case, Kerala court on …

Attingal twin murder: Nino Mathew gets death sentence, double life term for Anushanthi

Kaumudi Online – ‎1 hour ago‎
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The Thiruvananthapuram Principal Sessions Court has awarded death sentence for the first accused Nino Mathew in the Attingal twin murder case. His illicit lover and second accused Anushanthi has been sentenced to double life …

Attingal murder: Death for 1st accused, Anusanthi gets life term

Mathrubhumi English – ‎1 hour ago‎
The court observed that it was a cold blooded and heinous murder committed by both the accused. April 18, 2016, 11:21 AM IST. T- T T+. attingal. Thiruvananthapuram: The Thiruvananthapuram Principal Sessions Court on Monday announced the sentencing …

Attingal Twin Murder Case: Man awarded death sentence, woman gets life imprisonment

The News Minute – ‎1 hour ago‎
The Thriruvananthapuram Principal sessions judge on Monday awarded death sentence to the prime accused Nino Mathew in the Attingal twin murder case. Calling it a rarest of rare crime Judge V Shircyalso awarded co-convict Anu Shanthi to life saying she …
Read some deadly Techie murder stories in below link:

TN techie mows down two women waiting for bus

Bengaluru, May 16, 2015, DHNS:

Six injured; accused admits to reckless driving

The mangled remains of the car which ran over two people near Hennagara gate in Bommasandra, Bengaluru, on Saturday. The car was being driven by Karthik (inset). DH PHOTO

Reckless driving by a software engineer  early on Saturday claimed two lives and left six injured, including a four-year-old child, at Hennagara Gate in Bommasandra here.

The police have arrested the techie, Karthik (28), who is employed at Krishnagiri in Tamil Nadu, and seized the car.
Speaking to Deccan Herald, Superintendent of Police Bengaluru Rural, Ramesh said: “The accident took place when Karthik was driving his Honda City to his Koramangala bra­nch office for a meeting. He lost control when he approa­ched Hennagara gate. Driving in a zig zag manner, he mowed down those waiting for bus on the road side.”

“We rushed to the spot and took Karthik into custody and seized his car. During the interrogation, he admitted to have driven recklessly. He said that he failed to control the vehicle and took a turn which resulted in the accident. He claimed that he was a little sleepy as he had left home early on Saturday morning,” said the police.

The accused was not in an inebriated condition and initial probe indicated that the car was moving at a speed of around 85 kmph when the accident took place, said the police. The deceased are Radha Ramachandrappa (59) and her daughter-in-law Sowmya (29), both residents of Nisarga Apartment in Chandapura.

The injured are Swanavi (4), Gowramma, Varalakshmi, Kondappa, Pappu and V Rani.  “At 8:40 am, I was waiting for a BMTC bus along with a group of people when a car rammed into us. Everything was over in a few seconds,” Kondappa told Deccan Herald.

Radha died on the spot as her head was crushed, the rest of us were thrown up in the air. The car hit several barricades before coming to a halt, Kondappa added.

According to sources, Radha is from Tumakuru and her son Raghavendra Swaroop is a Tech Mahindra employee. Sowmya was also employed at the same firm.
Raghavendra left for Canada on an assignment. Hence, Radha came to stay with Sowmya a month-ago.

Few autorickshaw drivers shifted the victims to a private hospital. Sowmya succumbed to her injuries around 12:30 pm. The accident led to a massive traffic jam on the busy Hosur Main Road.

Aug 15 2015 : The Times of India (Bangalore)
Wife not ready to file complaint, while hubby calls it `routine fight’

A day after techie Arbindo Chakravarthi stabbed his wife Smitha over a marital dispute, she told police she doesn’t want to file a complaint against him. Smitha, recovering from a surgery at Manipal Hospital, is not even ready to give her statement to the cops.Arbindo reportedly told police he had attacked Smitha in the heat of the moment, and that it was just a regular argument that went wrong.

Chakravarthi works with multinational corporation Thomson Reuters. He, Smitha and their daughter live in an apartment on 9th cross, Kodihalli. The natives of Kolkata have an 8-year-old daughter. Doctors treating them said they are recovering quickly and may be discharged soon.

Police are now in a dilemma, with Smitha refusing to file a complaint.“As of now, we have not taken custody of Arbindo Chakravarthi,“ police officers said. “Our attempts to convince her failed. She kept saying it was a small argument and a complaint was not needed. She even told doctors the investigators were disturbing her, and doctors asked our men to leave.“

Arbindo, too, claimed it was just a “usual fight“. Police will try to convince Smitha to lodge a complaint, and will file an FIR based on information given by her family members, who are due to arrive in Bengaluru.

If not, a suo motu case will be taken up. “If the family doessn’t file a complaint, we will register an FIR because a person has been stabbed and we have no option but to file a case of attempt to murder. If the family doesn’t want to pursue the case, only the court can take a call on it,“ officers said.

Aug 15 2015 : The Times of India (Bangalore)
Arbindo was in depression, he couldn’t speak, wife tells cops

At Flat no. 204 of Kalpana Paradise, Jeevan Bima Nagar police found pieces of paper scribbled with messages: from techie Arbindo Chakravarti to wife Smitha. This was how he communicated with her, though they fought through gestures.It was during one such quarrel that things went over the edge, and Arbindo, 45, picked up a knife and drove it into Smitha, then turned it on himself, around noon on Thursday . The couple is under treatment at Manipal Hospital. From her hospital bed, Smitha Das, 37, told police that Arbindo was unable to speak, allegedly because of depression. She was taken aback when cops told her he had spoken to them, and also given his statement. He had not spoken to her for the past 15 days, she said.

The apartment had seen some tense times in the past few months ­ things had started going wrong between the couple. They would fight often; Arbindo would also break things.

Police, who collected the scraps of messages as evidence, said there were several issues in the marriage, which are yet to be probed. The recent fight was about migrating to Australia. Initially , Arbindo wanted to settle down in Australia, but he backed out after visiting the country three months ago. Smitha was keen on going, police said.

Cops are now waiting to question the family members of the couple, who will be crucial to the investigation to uncover the motive behind the attack, as they had helped the couple reconcile several times in the past.

Their eight-year-old daughter was not at home when Arbindo attacked Smitha. She is now with one of the neighbours, and family members are expected to take care of her till everything is settled.


Aug 14 2015 : The Times of India (Bangalore)
Techie stabs wife twice after fight, cuts his veins in panic

A multinational corporation employee stabbed his wife twice in the stomach on Thursday afternoon before attempting to stab himself in their Kodihalli flat, off Old Airport Road, in east Bengaluru.Arbindo Chakravarti, 45, and wife Smitha Das, 37, are recovering at Manipal Hospital, Old Airport Road. They are said to be out of danger.

Arbindo is project man ager in the backend software division at Thomson Reuters and Smitha is a homemaker, police said. The Kolkata couple has an eight-year-old daughter.

Jeevan Bima Nagar po lice said the incident took place around 12.15pm in flat 204 of Kalpana Paradise.“The couple had been having arguments over the past few days. On Thursday too, there was a loud quarrel between the couple. In the heat of the argument, Arbindo stabbed his wife twice in the stomach. Seeing so much blood and his wife in pain, he panicked and tried to stab himself in the stomach and also cut his veins, but couldn’t,“ investigators said. Dripping blood, he rushed to a neigh bour’s flat, and gasped out what had happened. With help from maintenance staff, they took the couple to Manipal Hospital, and alerted Jeevan Bima Nagar police.

“We had a fight. I stabbed her in the stomach. Smitha collapsed. I realized what I had done and stabbed myself,“ police quoted Arbindo as telling his neighbours in the car.

However, a police officer said Smitha rushed out of her flat and knocked on her neighbour’s door, pleading that she be saved.By the time the neighbour could fetch a vehicle, Arbindo himself had brought Smitha down. The husband himself drove his wife n his Hyundai Santro to the hospital, a security guard told TOI.

Manipal Hospital officials said Arbindo and Smitha underwent surgeries and were hifted to the Medical Intensive Care Unit.Police have not been able to take Smitha’s tatement and though they have taken cus ody of Arbindo, he is still under treatment or stab injuries.

“We’ve recovered the knife from the flat.Their daughter was in school when the incident took place,“ police said. Neighbours ater took the child, a class 2 student, to hospital. Police are yet to ascertain the cause of the confrontation. The couple’s family has been informed and are expected to ar ive in the city soon.

Aug 14 2015 : The Times of India (Bangalore)
Knife, bloody trail tell a ghastly tale
On Thursday Afternoon, Techie Stabs Wife In A Fit Of Anger, Knifes Himself | Child Was At School At The Time

The trail of blood leading to Flat No. 204, named Kalyan, in Ka lpana Paradise on T h ur s d ay eve n in g was proof of the ghastly events which unfolded there earlier that afternoon.As you walk up the stairs and into the corridor, you can see blood splattered on the walls. The calling bell of the flat next to Arbindo Chakarvarti’s house too has blood smears on it.

Arbindo, bleeding from the stomach, walked out of his flat to the neighbour’s flat and rang the bell. As he stumbled along the corridor, he left blood stains where he placed his hands for support. He reportedly told his neighbour what had happened between him and his wife.

Back in the Chakravartis’ flat, there was a pool of blood near the door and a blood-stained knife near it. Nearby was a trainerwheeler, apparently used by the couple’s eight-year-old daughter.The neighours told police their first impression was that the couple had been attacked but Arbindo confessed to the crime.

The main door of the apartment where the couple has been living for the past three years was open when police landed there, sources said.

Dr S Murali, chief of clinical services, Manipal Hospital said, “Two middle-aged persons were brought to the emergency room around 1pm by security personnel of their apartment. Both sustained abdominal injuries, allegedly due to stabbing. They underwent surgery and moved to the Medical Intensive Care Unit and are stable as of T hursday evening. A medico-legal case has been filed.“



Sept 20, 2013: Senior software engineer Madhusudan YG fatally stabbed his techie-wife Roopa Belur, 32, on her face, chest, hands and stomach, in their 13th floor Sobha Tulip flat in JP Nagar 6th Phase, and then jumped to his death. Madhusudan attempted to hang himself from the ceiling fan, but the rope snapped. He rushed into the kitchen and doused himself with kerosene, and finally, headed to the balcony and leapt down. The couple’s six-year-old daughter was in Madhusudan’s parents’ house, 200m away. The ouple had quarrelled over visit ng Roopa’s house for her father’s birthday party.


Aug 11, 2010: Infosys HR manager Sathish Gupta played out a drama calling cops to say his wife, Delhi Public School teacher Priyanka, was murdered at their Hulimavu house in south Bengaluru. He claimed his wife had called him about two strangers at their doorstep, when he had gone for a his morning jog. He had rushed back to find his wife bound to a chair and her throat slit. Call detail records revealed Sathish was near their home at the time of the murder. Family problems were said to be the motive. Police arrested him a couple of days later.


Jun 12 2015 : The Times of India (Bangalore)
BIZARRE TALE – Kolkata man lived with skeletons of sister, her dogs

A trail of smoke and the stench of burnt flesh brought the fire brigade and cops to an old bungalow in the heart of Kolkata on Wednesday evening. What they found over the next few hours make it look like a Hitchcock horror script -a burnt body, a skeleton of a woman surrounded by teddy bears, the bones of two dead dogs, and a 44-year-old engineer who lived with all of them. The gory goings-on at this house on Robinson Street, off the posh Shakespeare Sarani area, wouldn’t have been detected if the patriarch, 77year-old Arabindo De, hadn’t got tired of it all. His charred body was found in the bathroom next to a handwritten note that said: “I am leaving this world on my own…No one is to blame.“ Police are yet to confirm if it was De’s handwriting.When police arrived on the gruesome scene, they were spooked by eerie whis pers and a strange chant that seemed to follow them in every room. After a few spinechilling minutes, cops realized that the entire house was wired to surround-sound systems that played 24×7. And amid all the horror lived Partha De, a former TCS employee who once worked in the US.

He had not informed police about his father’s death, and loitered in his room all night till police arrived on Thursday morning.

In Partha’s room, police found a makeshift bed piled high with teddies. They were horrified when they found a woman’s skeleton -fully clothed -under the teddies.It was Partha’s elder sister Debjani, a BTech who used to teach music in two top schools. The 47-year-old spinster died nine months ago.Rotting food -mostly pizzas and pastries -were scattered all around.

The police was in for more shock -Partha used to order pizza worth Rs 600 every day for Debjani and then hold planchette sessions to invite her soul for dinner.

Partha, who is now in a mental hospital, told police that he “didn’t want to let go his sister“. “I know it is a crime but people should understand my emotions,“ he said.

The skeletons of the family’s two Labradors were wrapped in a blanket beside the bed. Investigators say these are signs of acute depression but aren’t willing to call it an open-and-shut case.

Jun 12 2015 : The Times of India (Bangalore)
He was a sadist. I killed him: Wife
Dad, Foster Bro Helped Dump Techie’s Body

Shilpa Reddy , 32, a Bengaluru homemaker arrested for bumping off her techie-husband in connivance with her father and foster-brother, has told investigators that she was driven to despair by his insatiable demands for sex, sadistic nature and greed for money .The body of Keshava Reddy , 36, a Banaswadi resident, was found near a tank in Kadirolagadda village, Srinivasapur taluk of Kolar district, earlier this week. Keshava was team leader with Actiance India and belonged to Bandakindakottapalli in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh, The couple was married for three years and had no children.

Shilpa Reddy , father Ramachandra Reddy , and cousin and foster brother Vasudeva Reddy , 22, were on Thursday arrested by the jurisdictional Gownipalli police for the murder, and remanded to police custody for three days. Gownipalli police, however, are not ready to buy the claim of Keshava’s family that Shilpa and Vasudeva were having an affair and Keshava had opposed it. They are looking into whether Vasudeva had borrowed money from Keshava and struck common cause with Shilpa to commit the crime. Vasudeva grew up in Shilpa’s house ever since he was a boy and they claimed they were akkathamma. Shilpa, however, is turning to be a tough nut to crack, police said.

Gownipalli police sub-inspector Vikas said Shilpa had confessed that Keshava lent money heavily and stayed out of home most of the time.He would return at unearthly hours and pester his wife for sex. She is said to have told police that Keshava was a sadist who confined her to their home and even restricted her from accessing social media. He also objected to her speaking to Vasudeva over phone often, she reportedly told police.

On Saturday last, Shilpa allegedly offered Keshava a drink laced with sleeping pills in their Banaswadi residence and later hit him on the head with an iron rod. With help from her fellow accused, she disposed of the body near the Kadirolagadda village tank, inspector Chandrappa said.

Keshava’s relatives, however, pointed a finger of suspicion at Shilpa.Police said her contradictory statements helped them zero in on her. They claim she has confessed to the crime.

Police are also examining whether Keshava had plans to marry again because they had no children, prompting Shilpa to kill him.

Muggers roam free in tech zone, near Old Airport, near HAL Airport, near Thomsons Reuters, near Rohan Jharoka, near Yemalur Road

Techie leaps to his death

Bengaluru: Nov 27, 2014, DHNS

There was high drama at Singasandra in Electronics City on Thursday when a 27-year-old software engineer jumped to his death from the fourth floor of an under-construction building, even as a rescue team, the police and the public watched in horror.

According to the police, the deceased, Rajesh Choudhary, a native of Uttar Pradesh and a resident of Ramamurthy Nagar, was working at an IT company.

He had been to his relative’s house at Kudlu Gate and while returning home, he went to the under-construction building and climbed onto the fourth floor. When he was about to jump down, some people noticed him and asked him to get down. However, a disturbed Choudhary created a ruckus, drawing public attention.

Soon, a huge crowd gathered there and the police and the fire personnel also rushed to the spot. They tried to persuade him, but in vain.

Noticing someone climbing the stairs, Choudhary threatened to jump, the police said. “Though a few policemen managed to enter the building, the victim plunged to his death. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.

The victim’s relatives said he was mentally disturbed over some personal matter. “Whenever he was asked what worried him, he remained quiet,” a police officer said.“At his relative’s house, he had threatened to commit suicide by jumping in front of a moving train or a bus. He then ran away when the relatives tried to restrain him. A couple of hours later, they were told Choudhary had committed suicide.”

The police said that there were many labourers working at the site and no one noticed him climbing the terrace.The security guard also did not notice Choudhary entering the building. When questioned, the guard said there were many labourers working at the site and it was difficult to keep tabs on people. A case has been registered at the Electronics City police station

Bengaluru: An IT employee working with Cognizant in Bengaluru committed suicide on Thursday morning by jumping from the 4th floor of an under construction building in Bengaluru.

Locals nearby noticed when he was about to jump. By the time they alerted police and fire brigade, it was too late.

He was declared brought dead to the hospital.

BENGALURU: A 27-year-old software engineer on Thursday jumped to his death after arguing for two hours with people trying to save him.

Rajesh Choudhary, a native of Uttar Pradesh, was disturbed and had tried to fling himself under a bus earlier in the day.

The incident was reported from Singasandra near Electronics City. Disturbed over a personal problem, Choudhary had not gone to work for some days, police said.

Employed at a reputed software firm in Bagmane Tech Park, C V Raman Nagar, Choudhary had arrived in the city two years ago. He lived alone at Ramamurthy Nagar, and was visiting relatives near Kudlu Gate on Hosur Road.

On Thursday, around 6.30 am, he started screaming and tried to fling himself under a moving bus. His relatives managed to rescue him and took him inside the house.

He slipped out, reached Singasandra around 7.30 am, and climbed up to the terrace of a four-storey building under construction.

Labourers living on the premises shouted to him to come down. As he did not respond, they alerted the police, who rushed to the spot and tried to convince him to descend to safety.

When a volunteer tried to reach the terrace, Choudhary threatened to jump. The screaming and shouting continued as more and more people gathered to watch the drama.

The police then alerted the fire and emergency services personnel, but tragically, he jumped before they could arrive. Choudhary suffered severe head injuries and was rushed to a private hospital, where he was declared brought dead.

A constable said Choudhary had been screaming continuously but would not say why he wanted to jump. “We asked him many times to come down, but he only screamed back to say he wouldn’t,” he said.

The constable tried to reach him, and begged him to come down. “But when it became apparent he wouldn’t heed my words, I alerted the fire brigade,” he said.

Preliminary investigations indicate that Choudhary was depressed and had skipped work for some months, a senior policeman told Express.

Choudhary had allegedly attempted suicide four times earlier, but his friends and colleagues had rescued him every time.

“We have found no suicide note at the spot and are waiting for his parents,” the policeman said. “We will get a post mortem done once they reach the city

Techie jumps to his death after drama

Techie jumps to his death after drama
Rajesh, an IT employee from Uttar Pradesh, jumped from the fourth floor of a building in the city

For two hours, the 28 year-old software engineer kept everyone below on tenterhooks as he stood precariously on the ledge of the fourth floor of a building under construction in Singasandra, threatening to jump to death.Finally, he did jump at around 10.30 am, despite the police and fire service personnel waiting below, ready with a net expecting him to take the leap. But he took the suicidal leap only after running to the other side of the building where no one stood below with nets, and died on impact.But why Rajesh Chowdhari, a resident of Ramamurthy Nagar and a native of Uttar Pradesh, took the extreme step has puzzled the police.But a few of his relatives who stay close to the building from where he jumped to his death, said he was of “unstable behaviour” and suspected that may have led him to suicide, the police said.

The police are now expecting to know more from Rajesh’s father who was expected to reach Bangalore late Thursday night.

The drama unfolded at about 8.30 am on Thursday when people saw a young man on the ledge of the fourth floor of the building.On realising that he intended to jump to his death, some among the public informed the Electronic City police, under whose jurisdiction the location falls. They arrived and even alerted the fire services personnel who arrived at the spot with a net.

For almost two hours, the police, the fire personnel and the public tried convincing Rajesh to come down and that everything would be alright, whatever it was that had driven him to such a point.

But he paid no heed. Spotting the safety net held in place by the fire and police personnel, at about 10.30 am Rajesh suddenly started running towards the other end of the building and took the fatal leap. He sustained head injuries and died on the spot.

The police said Rajesh used to visit a relative’s house located at Kudlu Gate very close to the building from where he had jumped. On Thursday too he visited the relatives. The police are yet to verify whether anything that happened there drove him to suicide. Rajesh left no suicide note explaining why he was killing himself

Techie’s Minor house help `falls’ from 4th floor; neighbours cry foul

Minor house help `falls' from 4th floor; neighbours cry foul

House owner, a Cognizant employee, says he is innocentPolice reluctance to file an FIR even 48 hours after the incident raises suspicionIn yet another case involving a minor domestic help, an 11-year-old girl was found unconscious in a pool of blood by residents of an apartment in HAL police station limits on Tuesday night. The girl has been identified as Mamata, a native of Bihar. Shockingly, 48 hours after the incident, the police have not filed an FIR. A couple, also hailing from Bihar, had allegedly brought the girl to the city to work at their house. They have been identified as Amit Singh, reportedly an employee of Cognizant, and Shruti, residents of Cansa Square Apartments in Shivananda Nagar Road, Lal Bahadur Shastri Nagar. The couple has a two-year-old child.

The incident came to light when some residents spotted the lifeless girl lying on the apartment ground around 8.30 pm on Tuesday. They immediately alerted the security guards at the apartment and a few other residents. While the onlookers gathered were speculating on the girl’s identity, Amit and Shruthi came down.

They told those gathered there that the girl was a relative . A resident, speaking to BM on condition of anonymity, said, “When we saw the girl, she was unconscious.Amit took her to Chinmaya Mission Hospital at Indiranagar. After that we learnt, she was admitted to Manipal Hospital, where she is in the ICU and has gone into a coma.”

Eyewitnesses say Amit appeared on the scene only after several residents had already gathered at the spot. He first claimed to them the girl had accidentally fallen off.

After returning home from hospital, he reportedly told some neighbours the girl had locked herself in her room. When she did not open it despite repeated pleas, he broke it open only to discover she had jumped off.

Amit told BM: “The girl came to my house as she wanted to see the city and would have been here for only two months. She went into her room and locked it from the inside. My baby was banging on the door, but she did not respond. When I too knocked on the door, there was no response from her. I broke open the door and found her on the ground outside.”

Refuting the allegation by neighbours, he said, “I did not bring her here as a child labourer. I never told them that she attempted suicide. I took so long to get down because I broke open the door and later came all the way down to take my car and rush her to hospital. Police have taken my cook for questioning.

“She used to stand on the balcony and lean towards the tree next to it to pluck the leaves. I had warned her a couple of times. She may have gone to pluck the leaves and fallen,” he said.

Neighbours are shocked that her presence among them had gone completely unnoticed till this incident.

When BM contacted the HAL police, they confirmed the incident. Police inspector C K Ashwath Narayan said they visited the spot and made inquiries with the couple. “Amit told us the girl is a relative and she was brought from Bihar a few days ago.” In his version to the cops, Amit has said the girl was given a separate room with a balcony. Police say they found the bolt of the room broken from inside. “Right now we have taken up the non-cognisable register (NCR). Since there is no one to register a charge, we have not filed an FIR. The girl’s parents have been alerted and, once they come, we will seek their version and further action will be taken.”

Meanwhile, Manipal Hospital’s medical superintendent, Dr Murali S said Mamata was brought to the hospital on November 25 with the ‘history’ of alleged fall from the building. “She was brought in a critical condition and is in a coma. There is fluctuation in her blood pressure and she is being treated by neurosurgeons.”

When asked if the girl had any injuries besides those sustained during the fall, he said she had a fracture in her pelvis. He confirmed they had sent the medico legal case (MLC) report to the police.

Former chairperson of CWC, Meena Jain, said if the girl has fallen off the building, it makes for a cognisable offence. “The police should consider it as child labour case, it does not matter if she is their relative. They should have immediately registered the FIR under the Juvenile Justice Act and Child Labour Act and launched further probe into the cause of the fall,” she said.

3 get life term for murdering woman IT employee

Chennai, Nov 28, 2014 (PTI):
Nine months after the sensational murder of a 24-year old woman IT employee by three migrant workers near her office on the city outskirts, a court in nearby Chengalpet today sentenced them to life imprisonment.

Nine months after the sensational murder of a 24-year old woman IT employee by three migrant workers near her office on the city outskirts, a court in nearby Chengalpet today sentenced them to life imprisonment.

Mahila Court Judge S Ananthi pronounced all the three accused — Ram Mandal, Utam Mandal and Ujjal Mandal of West Bengal — guilty and sentenced them to life imprisonment for murdering Uma Maheswari, employed with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), in February last, a CB-CID release said.

The murder brought to sharp focus safety issues concerning women IT employees, especially those leaving office in late hours, and prompted software companies to clamp preventive measures, including mandatory use of office vehicle for those working beyond 8 PM.

The woman’s decomposed body was found at the SPICOT IT Park in Siruseri on February 22, nine days after she went missing.

As the murder sent shock waves among IT professionals, the investigation into the case was transferred to Crime Branch CID on the orders of the then Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.

During the probe, it was revealed that the three persons attempted to make use of the victim’s ATM card. Later, Ram Mandal and Utam Mandal here arrested and they allegedly confessed to their crime.

Their interrogation led to the arrest of Ujjal Mandal, who had left for Kolkata by train.

At the time of the arrests, police had said the woman was waylaid, dragged into a nearby bush and assaulted by the accused when she was walking on a footpath to the main road, which was about one km from the IT park campus.

The CCTV footage of the ATM and sample CCTV footage were sent to FSL, Gujarat and Mandal was identified in both the footages through his physical structure, height, etc.

During the course of trial, 51 prosecution witnesses were examined, 119 exhibits and 61 material objects were marked and the bail petitions of the accused were denied by the courts, the release said.

Nov 27 2014 : The Times of India (Bangalore)
Woman techie threatened, hit, robbed in moving auto
Evening Ride Left Her Shaken | Cops Looking For CCTV Video Evidence

It had been a long day. Madhumati, a software engineer, was tired when she boarded an auto at Ragigudda in JP Nagar at 6pm Tuesday .Her 3.5km ride home to Vijaya Bank Colony , Mico Layout was a nightmare: a stranger slipped in with her, assaulted her and robbed her of her belongings. The auto driver was party to it: as she cried for help amid the din of traffic, he drove on and finally dumped her around 7pm near Hulimavu, 3km away .The incident happened near Bilekahalli traffic signal, off Bannerghatta Road, around 6.30 pm. Madhumati was robbed of 70gm of jewellery, including a gold chain, mangalsutra, a bracelet and finger rings, an iPad, a Nokia mobile and her handbag, Mico Layout police said.The terror ride began near her office in JP Nagar. As the auto got moving, a man got into the seat next to the driver, and they chatted away .When the vehicle neared her house, Madhumati asked the driver to take a left turn. Instead, he drove ahead. When it reached the traffic signal, the man got into the passenger seat next to her. As a scared Madhumati started shouting, he slapped her and threatened to harm her, then quickly took her valuables.

“We’re checking footage from the CCTV camera at the traffic signal. If it’s working properly, we’ll be able to pinpoint the ve hicle as the victim said she had waved her hand, shouting for help when the man sat next to her,“ a police officer said.

However, a senior traffic police officer said the Bilekahalli traffic signal CCTV has not been working for a week. “CCTV cam eras at Arakere gate and Jedi Mara signals are fine. Perhaps the video grabs from these CCTVs will be of some help,“ he said.

Area behind old airport has become a happy hunting ground for themWorking professionals in the tech zone behind HAL Airport, on Yemalur Road, have a problem on hand: Muggers and insecurity! While jagged roads and dusty lanes are something they deal with every day, what has left many worried is increasing cases of mugging and robbery, most of which go unreported because the residents fear reprisal from the offenders, especially in the background of police apathy.But Lalitha Virdi, a homemaker and a resident of Rohan Jharoka apartment on Yemalur Road, is determined not to stay quiet. She says: “I do not want any mother to see her son return with bruises and bleeding. I just want the cops to stop the hooliganism on our roads.”Her son, 23-year-old Nikhil Virdi, assistant director at a Mumbaibased production house, was attacked by a six-member gang on November 13 and was robbed of Rs 3,000 cash and a mobile phone. “He went out in his car and within minutes came back with blood stains on his shirt and injuries on his face. And I panicked!” she narrates.Nikhil was stopped by the gang and was ordered not to proceed on the road. When he sought to know why they were making him divert from his normal route, the six pulled him out of his car, pinned him to the ground, and started punching him on his face, neck and shoulders.

His mobile and the money kept in the car disappeared. Seeing his son bleeding profusely when he returned home, Lalitha immediately took him to the nearby HAL police station, from where they were routed to Old Airport police station.

“The Old Airport police directed us to go to the hospital and get a medical check-up done. Then we were taken to the Chinmaya Mission Hospital. There were deep cuts on his neck and bruises on his face and lips,” Lalitha says.

But what has worried Lalitha, and mothers like her in the area, is the safety of their children. She says: “That these roads have become a hunting ground for the robbers is evident from the incidents in the past one month. Mugging incidents were reported by a neighbour two days ago, and four more people I know have claimed to have heard about similar incidents. One of my neighbours, whose gold chain was snatched during her morning walk, did not lodge a complaint.”

She said the residents were planning to petition the city police commissioner for more security.

When contacted, DCP (SouthEast) Rohini Katoch Sepat acknowledged the complaint from Nikhil Virdi and said: “It appears to have been an altercation on the use of road. There was a huge traffic jam on Yemalur road when the incident occurred. There have been many instances of fights between motorists on the broken road. We will make sure such incidents will not take place again and try to control the traffic. The reason might be the traffic jam, from which he would have got into a fight… we are investigating.




    • Teen friends are suspects in TCS techie’s murder

      Teen friends are suspects in TCS techie’s murder
      The grieving mother of murdered TCS engineer Prajith is consoledby her husband (to her left) and relatives at the Bowring Hospital mortuary on Thursday

      Body found on road with slit throat; victim’s car hijackedPolice are suspecting the role of two 18-year-old teenagers behind the murder of a 33-year-old software engineer under Mahadevapura police station limits on Wednesday night. Apparently, the murdered engineer who worked with TCS was very friendly with the two teenagers, one of whom was a school dropout, and the other, a PUC student. Police believe the two have also hijacked the deceased engineer’s silver-coloured Maruti Alto car (No. KA 53 P 8507).On Wednesday night, Prajith Kutti Anand, a resident of Ayyappanagar in KR Puram, was found dead on Rajpalya Cross Road near Hoodi Circle with a slit throat at around 9.30 pm. Police said a preliminary probe revealed that Prajith went out of his house at around 8.30 pm after receiving a call, informing his parents that he would be back in 10 minutes. Even as they were waiting for him, they got a call from a passerby informing about Prajith “lying unconscious” on Rajpalya Cross Road next to an open sewage line in front of a house.The panicked family members rushed to the spot, only to find that he was dead. The police, who were informed by members of the public about the body, reached the spot shortly and collected evidence, before shifting the body to the Bowring Hospital mortuary.Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) N Sathish Kumar told Bangalore Mirror, “The incident was reported to the family by a passerby who saw the deceased engineer’s phone lying on the road and ringing. His family members were previously trying to reach the deceased. His car has also gone missing. The investigation is centred on the two suspects.”Prajith’s father Anandan told BM, “My wife told me that Prajith got a call at around 8.30 pm. He told her that he would be back home in 10 minutes. She told me to wait for Prajith as she was retiring to sleep. I called him at around 9 pm. Prajith attended the call and told me that he was coming home in five minutes. I thought he was somewhere near and waited.”Anandan continued, “As he did not return even by 9.25 pm, I called him again. But this time there was no response despite repeated calls. Then I called my younger son Pradeep and informed him that Prajith had gone out and was not attending calls. Even as my younger son was calling him repeatedly, a passerby stopped near Prajith’s body on seeing his phone lying on the road and ringing. He then saw the body, noted down the number on Prajith’s phone, and called my younger son. He asked my younger son to identify himself as the person he was trying to reach was lying unconscious. Pradeep immediately rushed there after obtaining directions. On the way, he alerted me as well. We dashed to the place only to find Prajith’s body lying on the ground with his leg inside the sewer.”


      A police officer said, “Prajith had gone out in his car. The criminals killed him by slitting his throat on the right side. According to circumstantial evidence, the criminals made him to get down from the car, slit his throat with either a knife or a dagger over some issue, and managed to escape in his car. He dragged himself for almost 20 metres from there to find a house. He knocked on the gate seeking help. But before anyone came out, he collapsed near the sewage line and died.”

      Police said that the unmarried Prajith was close to two teenagers by name Vikas Singh, 18, a school dropout, and Dheeraj, 18, a PUC student. “Both of them are at large, so we are on the lookout for them. We suspect the two are behind the murder of Prajith,” an officer said. All three stayed at Ayyappanagar, but Vikas was also a neighbour. He is a school dropout who roamed around, police said. Anandan suspects Vikas as he used to be with Prajith whenever he went out.

      Police rushed to Vikas’s house, only to to find him absconding. His parents told police that Prajith and Dheeraj used to take Vikas out for trips to Mumbai, Goa, and elsewhere. Police said they were informed by Vikas’ family that if the three were to meet, they would spend the entire night outside without bothering to inform their parents.


      Police faced some resistance in finding out details of the deceased. A police officer said, “The parents were repeatedly telling us not to bother them until they recovered from the shock. They took more than a hour to tell us that he had got a call before going out. More time elapsed by the time they revealed the names of the teenagers. If they had disclosed that he was close to the two suspects, we would have alerted the police to erect barricades to check cars. In their shock they did not understand why we were asking these questions. At least his younger brother could have responded.”

      Prajith’s parents said he did not want to get married and wanted to live life on his terms. Prajith lived with his mother, father, elder brother, elder sister, and younger brother Pradeep, 30. Family members said even his sister and younger brother were not interested in marriage. But his elder brother, who is in the Air Force, is married. Prajith was the third child of Anandan, an ex-serviceman (hawaldar). Senior officers, including Additional Commissioner Alok Kumar and DCP Sathish, visited the spot

      Techie falls prey to online fraud, loses Rs 4.7 lakh

      Bengaluru, DHNS Nov 19 2017Copyright Deccan Herald newspaper

      A techie fell prey to online fraud and lost Rs 4.70 lakh recently.

      M Ramesh, a resident of Nelamangala, lodged a complaint with the Ashok Nagar police after he was duped by a nurse, Rachana Karam Vaidya, who claimed to be based in the US.

      Ramesh, an engineer with a private firm in Rajarajeshwari Nagar, received a friend request on Facebook from Rachana. They exchanged mobile phone numbers and started talking to each other, the police said.

      According to the police, Rachana told Ramesh that she would be visiting Karnataka soon and was interested in seeing historical places, and asked him to arrange a house for rent during her stay in Bengaluru. When Ramesh told her about his financial constraints, Rachana promised to send her gold ornaments and money to pay for the house.

      “On October 2, I received a call from a woman posing as an official of the customs department at the international airport in New Delhi. She asked me to pay Rs 38,000 to claim a parcel that had arrived for me from the US. She requested me to deposit money into the account of airport officer, Suman Devi. I trusted her and deposited the money on October 3,” the techie stated in his complaint.

      Ramesh received another call from a woman on October 10, asking him to deposit Rs 1.62 lakh for service clearance. Then, he got a call, seeking Rs 2.70 lakh towards tax code due to the weight of the parcel. He deposited the money on both occasions.

      “On October 25, a man claiming to be Saurabh Joshi, general manager, regional office, RBI, Bengaluru, called me. He told me that the money I had sent to the various accounts wasn’t deposited. He wanted me to deposit Rs 4.70 lakh again. He disconnected my call when I expressed anger,” the complaint stated.

      When contacted, RBI authorities told Ramesh that Joshi was not one of their employees in Bengaluru.

      Rachana deleted her Facebook account on October 26 and the numbers she used to call Ramesh were switched off, the police said.

      The Ashok Nagar police have approached cyber crime experts to trace the suspects.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s